Thursday, February 12, 2009

Snow Day!

How can snow stop home-schoolers from school? I know, I know, it doesn't make sense. I am sure that most people from the northern half of the United States would laugh to see us call a snow day for this amount of snow, but the southerners must understand. We hardly ever get snow. (We live at the same latitude as Winnipeg, but somehow the proximity of the ocean and it's warm currents give us a mild climate) This year has been a bit exceptional, and this must be the fourth snow fall (and also the fourth snow day!).
My students are all outside having PE! They have already assembled the dusting of snow to try to make a snowman. Wesley came in to ask for walnuts for finishing touches. I will have to go out and see this!
Turns out there are two! About knee high. (The second one looks strangely female. I think they have been reading too much Calvin and Hobbes!)
And now I see they have set up a goal and gotten out all the balls (soccer and otherwise) that we own. So much for snow!
They will come back in soaking wet and muddy (it is above freezing) and my washing machine will get a work out.

4 comments:

Timkapi said...

Pathetic... compared with what we have in the Vosges... With so such a little amount of snow, the North of France is not really attractive... :)
I like your kids' snowmen, they look so funny! Did they make it on purpose because they look like Peter and Stephane... :)
Your last comments make me think that you are definetly a mother...
Tim

Timkapi said...

oh yes... I know that....

HJK said...

Peter is not very pleased with that comment!!!! He wants to know if he looks like the tall one or the short one.

Timkapi said...

The tall one of course... :)