Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Things I missed while in Ukraine

(Laura looked through my rough drafts and was disappointed I never published this blog post. I don't know why it never was "published." So, to please Laura, and even though this is very outdated, I will post something I wrote in June 2013 just after we adopted.)

We had a great time in Ukraine. We really did. But we wanted to be home... And so, to keep a positive attitude, I tried to find things to be thankful for. It was pretty easy really.

Things we were thankful for (in no particular order) :
Good health! (I was walking around with a kidney stone, and it only reminded me it was there a couple of days out of a whole month!)
A shower with good water pressure (especially when it got hot)
Wonderful weather (vacation type weather!)
A store right near the church that sold COLD Pepsi
80 cent hamburgers and 40 cent ice cream cones at MacDonald's
Two concierges that made us feel welcome
Friends that took good care of us
Wireless internet (we really didn't expect to have this)
God's hand in the details, and in the big things!

Things I am thankful to have at home (and I hope to never take them for granted again) :
A washing machine
A clean towel whenever I want
A frig, a stove, a kitchen sink, well ok, the whole kitchen!!!
Drinkable tap water
Peace and quiet (the only thing that wakes us up is birds singing)
A double bed
A yard
A houseful of activities to keep kids busy
Camembert (I added this one for Philip. I didn't really miss it)


2 comments:

Nicole said...

nice post to remember ! makes me be thankful for my cosy place !

Nicole said...

nice post to remember ! makes me be thankful for my cosy place !