Saturday, January 10, 2015

Late Flowers

(I had really hoped to get back to blogging, but as you can easily see, I am not really succeeding. So as so many popular blogs do, I am inviting a new author to help me out! Laura has asked to write posts for me, and that sounded like a great idea to me! So here is her first post. Perfectly picked, as she is our flower lover. She has been planting flowers in the vegetable garden since she could walk. Her brothers think this is a BIG waste of spaded dirt.)


We still had FLOWERS in November! It didn't frost until mid December here.
So most of the flowers that we had planted for the wedding were still looking pretty.
So here are a few of my favorite pictures of our autumn and almost winter flowers.


 Marguerite


 Dahlias




I think this was a Dahlia that the soccer brothers knocked off its stem.

 Cosmos
 


Rose
 Black-eyed Susans (that is what the French call them)


 Hypericum
 The forsythia decided to flower again in the fall. 


Sunflowers
 
The flower bed.


I hope you all enjoyed my very first post! 

3 comments:

Stéphane Kapitaniuk said...

Great photos Laura! And welcome to the world of blogging!

Hugs and kisses,
Stéphane & Hanna

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures! Well done, Laura.

Nicole said...

you make it feel like summer ;)