Sunday, June 9, 2013

Mice, Fairies and Teeth

Yesterday, William, our newly adopted son, was all excited to show me he had lost a tooth. A lateral inciser. I asked him where the tooth was, and he mimed* that he must have spit it out while eating lunch at the picnic table. I told him that was too bad and mimed that if he put it under his pillow, a little mouse would exchange it for a euro (Yes, in France, a mouse does this). He rushed outside and with the help of a couple of siblings hunted for the tooth in the grass. To no avail.
A short time later, I found him in front of the mirror wiggling the matching tooth on the other side of his face... Ten minutes later, a beaming boy posed for this picture:
This morning, he came down to breakfast proudly displaying his two euros, AND the tooth, that the fairy (or mouse) couldn't find at midnight. He thinks that Mom and/or Dad might be in cahoots with the fairy/mouse...
Tonight, Nathalie, another new member of the family, came down an hour after she was put to bed, to show off a new gap in her mouth!
I had no idea that mentioning the money for teeth relationship was going to set off such a frenzy! I sure hope they don't start wiggling their permanent teeth!
*Why are we miming? Guess I have some catching up to do on the blog! We have been home from Ukraine for two weeks with our two new sons and one new daughter. I will try to tell some of the adoption story on the blog as time allows. Needless to say, we are pretty busy!

1 comment:

Nicole said...

oh, I have been visiting often wondering how things were going for the adoption ! Three!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Looking forward hearing about all the details !